INSIDE 1908

Enhancing a DMB baseball season, and the fascinating world of 1908. Two great pennant races in the time of Mathewson, Wagner, and Cobb.

Name:

Uriah Robinson is the blogname of a short, balding, retired health care professional.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

TECHNICAL STUFF AGAIN

I am collecting pages from Proquest of the 1908 newspapers in order to check my lineups. I have done several autoplays and the database runs smoothly with real life transactions on. There will be some fine tuning necessary before the line insertion begins.

The statistics look quite good but home runs are up a bit, and league ERA's are also up, but I still think the replays will give a good idea of Deadball Era baseball.

For important figures I would want a 70% statistical agreement, we will do some more autoplays to check on this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home